COVID-19 Returning Guidelines
Returning to LE
LE consumers will return to work effective June 15th and June 22nd. Please review the “return to work schedule” for your specific schedule. We will be following the guidelines listed below when returning to LE.
We encourage sick staff and consumers who have COVID-19 symptoms such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath to contact your healthcare provider immediately and notify your supervisor. You should follow your healthcare providers guidance, self- quarantine and should not return to work until your healthcare provider releases you from care and you have gone more than 3 days without a fever.
Below are guidelines for those returning to LE:
- Staff & Consumers will be asked to take their temperature at home before coming into the office. If they have a fever of 100.4 degrees or more, employees will be asked to stay at home until they are fever free for 3 days.
- Staff will greet each consumer individually at the front entrance and take their temperature. Weather permitting this will take place outside of the building.
- Parents, guardians or transportation providers must stay until their temperature is taken and the consumer is permitted to enter the building.
- LE will provide hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, and aerosol disinfectant for staff to use. Please feel free to bring supplies from home for your personal preferences.
- LE encourages immediate washing of hands with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds upon entry to the building.
Throughout the Day
- LE will facilitate continual washing of hands throughout the day.
- If a consumer develops any systems during the day, including a fever, they must be picked up within 1 hour of being notified.
- All staff and consumers when in the building are requested to comply with the 6- foot social distancing rule.
- LE will wiping down work areas before work, throughout the day and at end of day.
- Optional: Wear personal protective equipment/face coverings (PPE) while in the building to protect yourself and to protect others as you maybe asymptomatic.
- Work Rooms - we ask that each consumer enter these areas one at a time and other consumers will remain outside their work room practicing proper social distancing of 6 feet.
- Kitchen/Bakery- the use of shared kitchen facilities will be limited to maintain appropriate social distancing. We will provide disinfecting wipes so that consumers can wipe down handles and knobs after they use refrigerators and other kitchen equipment.
- Bathrooms - we ask that only one consumer enter the bathroom at a time and other consumer remain outside following safe social distancing rules.
- All consumers will continue to bring lunch from home. The break room has been rearranged to allow and maintain 6ft of distance during lunch.
- LE will prop open internal doors during work hours to decrease touched surfaces.
- Use only disposable cups to minimize the number of people touching any item.
- The physical location of departures will take place at different doors, so please note you will need to ring the doorbell at pickup and a staff member will escort one consumer at a time to the door.
- The office will remain closed to all visitors until further notice. We highly discourage "pop-in" visits from families, supporters, guardians and others as they will not be able to enter.
We have enhanced the regularly scheduled cleaning services which includes wiping down all doorknobs and table surfaces in common areas. We have also clearly marked the floors, work tables and lunch room to maintain 6ft social distancing requirements. These guidelines may change as we move forward. We will monitor the CDC guidelines and NC regulations and address these guidelines in future communications.
We hope we have addressed yours concerns for returning to LE. If you have additional concerns that we have not addressed, please let us know! LE is committed to providing a safe work environment for all of our staff and consumers. Thank you for your support and cooperation as we meet the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic.